The Junction Sports & Leisure Centre is looking for a passionate, responsible and professional individual who wishes to develop themselves in the Health, Leisure & Fitness industry.
You may have had experience in a similar role/centre or you may be looking to ‘get your foot in the door’ in this most exciting and rewarding industry which is ever-changing and continually giving opportunities to be part of.
Are you someone with an eye for detail who enjoys the role of leading/supervising people in a customer focus facility? Coaching children in our Dryside and Wetside programme will be a responsibility that you will relish and look to develop and improve upon as experience is obtained.
A confident, well presented, friendly and welcoming individual is required who is able to work on one’s own as well as within a team environment to get things done and to continually improve the centre’s services.
- To assist in the managing, organising and taking part of all aspects of the Centre's day to day operations, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and economically within regularly reviewed policies and procedures.
- To correctly record, as required, centre systems such as cash/safe analysis, pool tests, opening and closing checks as well as additional records as directed.
- To work within a rota basis, to include evenings and weekends, ensuring all shifts and events are covered. The Centre Manager-On-Duty position will involve working across several departments as and when required and assigned to do so.
- To assist in arranging required departmental cover of duties as and when required to do so.
- To assist in managing, co-ordinating and monitoring of the Recreational Assistant team on duty during the shift. To ensure that all lifeguarding duties, required documented checks and the daily responsibilities (changeovers/cleaning) are completed to high standards and in line with company policy/procedures. It is essential that you ‘lead’ the Recreational Assistants in terms of jobs/responsibilities that need completing as well as through a positive, inspiring and encouraging leadership style.
- To ensure all safety equipment is in place for public/staff use.
- To ensure that at all times you show a commitment, and willingness, to work as, and in, a team environment to assist in moving the business forward and to deal with the various operational issues that arise.
- To assist in being responsible for the security of the building.
- To assist and play one’s part in ensuring a ‘customer friendly’ and professional approach when delivering all programmes/activities and services.
- To be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act and other legislation as appropriate. This includes all procedures in relation to fire precautions, licenses, food, COSHH, heating, pool plant, ventilation, energy management, swim safety etc.
- To ensure the Centre, and surrounding external areas, are at all times clean and safe in terms of hygiene, appearance and good housekeeping. Ensuring issues are dealt with quickly/efficiently and appropriately.
- To respond enthusiastically / professionally to any areas of activity assigned by Management.
- To play an integral part in assisting with the delivery of quality coaching/play sessions for the benefit of the centre, whilst also encouraging and developing other employees/modern apprentices in their coaching aspirations. Coaching children is very central to what we do here at The Junction, so past experience an advantage but a real desire to be involved in this type of activity is essential.
- To work towards developing one’s own range of coaching duties by further qualifications/workshops/seminars as discussed and agreed by the Centre Manager.
- To administer First Aid as and when required and to act accordingly during other incidents and accidents.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
If you are interested , please contact Nick Gillespie (Centre Manager) on (01202) 777766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org